Pages

Pinterest

October 4, 2013

Mantel decor

With the crisp air approaching, apple picking season in full force and the colors of the leaves changing into a fall colored rainbow, I have decorated my home.  This is my favorite season of all time.  I long for hot chocolate, sweaters and a burning fireplace to take away the chill in the mornings.  I just wanted to share with you a touch of my decor.  My husband says that my house is like the mall.  I take things away to put out my decorations.  I have 4 large bins dedicated to fall goodness.  I have many many more than that for Christmas.


This mantel is above my couch.  The automatic candles create a beautiful glow in the evenings now that it is getting dark by 7:30.  The witches are the only Halloween items that remain in my collection.  I have put more effort into pumpkins, owls and birds.  Things that can last all through the season and are not specific to Halloween.  Why decorate for a short time when you can drag it out just a little longer!


I have had the pumpkins under my TV for more than 15 years.  They have decorated my home from early on in our marriage.  The newest addition to my collection is the black cat to the left of the TV.  It comes from Yankee Candle.  I walked into the store and this just jumped into my cart.  Funny how that happens.  I LOVE this banner made from last years MME paper collection.  Truly one of the best fall paper lines out there.  There is just a splash of baby blue.  It works!

Happy Haunting and thanks for looking.
Mary-Ann



1 comment: